- Sumitomo Warehouse founded; established headquarters in Osaka and branch office in Kobe
Ridge-end tile with the Sumitomo Logo from Tomishima Warehouse in 1900
- Established Tokyo branch office
- Reorganized as warehouse division of Sumitomo Limited Partnership Corporation
- Incorporated as The Sumitomo Warehouse Co., Ltd.
- Established Yokohama branch office
- Listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and Osaka Securities Exchange
- Entered the shipping container terminal business in Kobe and Tokyo, subsequently expanding container terminal business at other major ports in Japan
C-13 Terminal,Port Island (Kobe)
- Established Nagoya branch office
- Established representative office in San Francisco, USA and subsequently expanded overseas operations
- Launched real estate leasing business with the construction and leasing of the Kawaguchi Sumiso Building in Osaka
- Established Sumitomo Warehouse (Europe) GmbH, a wholly-owned subsidiary in Germany
- Established Sumitomo Warehouse (U.S.A.), Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary
Acquired airfreight agent license from the International Air Transport Association
- Constructed and leased the Tokyo Sumitomo Twin Building highrise office buildings
Established Sumitomo Warehouse (Singapore) Pte. Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary
Tokyo Sumitomo Twin Building
- Launched international airfreight consolidation after licensed by the Government of Japan
- Established Sumitomo Warehouse (Hong Kong) Ltd. and Sumitomo Warehouse (Shanghai) Ltd., both wholly-owned subsidiaries
- Constructed a seismic isolation trunk room warehouse in Heiwajima,Tokyo
Heiwajima Trunk Room
- Built a warehouse with cold storage function in Kobe to start handling temperature-sensitive cargo
- Acquired ISO 9002 certification for airfreight operations, then ISO 9001 in 2002
- Opened a contemporary art gallery, Contemporary Art Space Osaka (CASO)
- Constructed and leased a commercial building, T-PLATZ, in Yokohama
- Established Shanghai Sumiso International Logistics Co., Ltd., in Shanghai, China
Established Sumiso International Logistics (Qingdao) Co., Ltd. in Qingdao, China
Sumitomo Warehouse (Shanghai) Ltd.
- Established Vantec Sumiso Logistics(Wuhan) Co., Ltd. in Wuhan, China
- Established Sumiso International Logistics(Guangzhou) Co.,Ltd. in Guangzhou,China
- Acquired ISTAR Corporation to add it in Sumitomo Warehouse Group
Acquired ENSHU TRUCK CO.,LTD. to add it in Sumitomo Warehouse Group
Established Sumitomo Warehouse (China) Ltd. in Shanghai, China
Sumitomo Warehouse (China) Ltd.
- Established Rabigh Petrochemical Logistics LLC in Damman, Saudi Arabia
Acquired ISO27001 certification covering archives business in Tokyo and Yokohama, and thereafter acquired the same certifications covering other archives business bases in Kanto, Kansai, Chubu District
- Acquired Westwood Shipping Lines, Inc. to add it in Sumitomo Warehouse Group
- Established Sumiso (Vietnam) Co., Ltd.(currently Sumitomo Warehouse (Vietnam) Co., Ltd.) in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
Established Shanghai Jinjiang‐Sumiso International Logistics Co., Ltd. in Shanghai, China
- Tokyo Head office was relocated to Shiba-Koen, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Attained ISO9001 certification covering Handling of Warehouse-in/out, Storage in Warehouse, Im/Ex Cargo Handling, Customs Clearance and Intermodal Transportation Service
- Established Chicago Branch Office of Sumitomo Warehouse (U.S.A.), Inc.
Constructed and leased a office building, Yodoyabashi Mid-Cube, in Osaka
Head office was relocated to Nakanoshima, Kita-ku, Osaka
- Established Hanoi Branch Office of Sumiso (Vietnam) Co., Ltd.
- Established PT. Sumiso Logistics Indonesia
- Acquired Wakasu Co., Ltd. to add it in Sumitomo Warehouse Group.
Established New York Branch Office of Sumitomo Warehouse (U.S.A) Inc.
- Constructed a new warehouse(4th period) in Ayutthaya, Thailand
Constructed a new warehouse(2nd period) in Laem Chabang, Thailand